Thursday, July 7, 2016

Asian Beef Short Ribs {Crock Pot or Instant Pot!}


I love using my crock pot and my instant pot, especially in the summer so I don't have to turn on the stove or the oven. And I love short ribs. And I love Asian flavors. So you can imagine my joy in finding this recipe! I have made this several times now, and I love it more and more each time. It's SO easy to put together in the morning, and turns out wonderfully each and every time.


The flavor of these ribs is nothing short of spectacular. The first time I made them, my husband and I ate the WHOLE PLATTER by ourselves. True confessions. This beef would also make a great base for an Asian chopped salad, or for a noodle bowl, or anything else that your heart desires. It's just SO good. Please make it.


Get more great ideas at Create Link Inspire, Clever Chicks, Fabulous, Hearth and Soul, What's Cooking, Wow Me, Full Plate.

Asian Beef Short Ribs

1/4 cup beef broth
3/4 cup hoisin sauce
3 to 4 green onions, sliced (plus save some for garnish)
1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
1 tsp. honey
2 to 3 lbs. beef short ribs, bone-in or boneless

Whisk together the beef broth, hoisin sauce, diced scallions, chili garlic sauce and honey in the slow cooker. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper on both sides and nestle into the slow cooker ensuring the sauce mixture is covering the beef.

Cover and cook until beef is tender, for about 7-8 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high.

Transfer short ribs to serving platter. Skim off any excess fat (if any) from the surface of the sauce and pour the sauce over the short ribs and garnish with more sliced green onions. Serve with white rice, noodles or roasted or steamed cauliflower.

For the instant pot: Place sauce in bottom of pot and add seasoned beef. Cook on high pressure on the manual setting for 45 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. If ribs are not tender, pressure cook again for 10 minutes.

Recipe Source: Adapted from Hip Foodie Mom

2 comments:

  1. Delicious Sara, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. pinning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,
    Your Asian Beef Short Ribs will be delicious, I can't wait to try your recipe. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a great day and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.