Thursday, January 2, 2014

Blueberry Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins


Sometimes around this time of year, you just want to amp up the healthy eating. These muffins are perfect for that - full of fiber and protein, they make a delicious breakfast or morning snack, with virtually no guilt involved. They also keep well in the freezer so you can have a good, healthy breakfast at your fingertips.

You won't even need a mixer for this - just a sturdy wooden spoon. Start by combining the oats, sugar,


flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a measuring cup, combine the melted butter, eggs, yogurt


and vanilla and whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry,


and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the blueberries.


Scoop the batter into 12 paper-lined or greased muffin cups.


Yummy!!


One year ago: Roasted Green Beans with Goat Cheese
Two years ago: Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Ham Casserole
Three years ago: Bourbon Chicken
Four years ago: Cheesy Ham and Noodle Casserole

Get more inspiration at Full Plate Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Showcase Your Talent, Foodie Friday, Foodtastic Friday, Foodie Friday #2, Blog Strut, Friday Food Frenzy.

Blueberry Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins

2 cups flour
1 cup oats
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 Tbsp. butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Combine flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In a large measuring cup, combine yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Add flour mixture into yogurt mixture; stir to combine completely. Gently fold in blueberries.

Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 until top is golden and springs back when you gently touch it, 20-25 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. You caught me on a day when I was hungry and I had all the ingredients to make this in the house. I got started as soon as I saw your post and they are in the oven now. I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with all of the yogurt in the fridge from my mother and mother in law's visit. I decided to go with mixed berry muffins because they are one of my husband's favorite and I used blackberry and strawberry yogurt. I can't wait to find out how they turn out. I am going to post my version on my blog and I will have lots of links back to your blog and recipe. I can't wait to check out some more recipes. I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,
    Your Blueberry Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins look delicious, we will really enjoy them. Thanks so much for bringing this awesome recipe to Full Plate Thursday today and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oatmeal sounds like such a tasty way to increase fiber and nutrients along with yogurt.. so good. thanks for sharing this with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.