Monday, March 5, 2012

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies



I have a hard time narrowing down my favorite kind of cookie, but this one would rank right up there in my top 3. (And here's a secret: chocolate chip wouldn't even MAKE my top 3! Heretical, I know...)

I just love the combo of white chocolate and macadamia nuts. If you've never made or eaten these, prepare to be won over!

This is a recipe repeat. You can visit the original post for full step by step instructions. (Although this one is not so complicated!)

One year ago: Oatmeal Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Two years ago: Toasted Coconut Pie

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups white chocolate/vanilla chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside. Cream butter, shortening and sugars in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beat well. Gradually add in flour mixture, mix well. Stir in chips and nuts.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Let stand for two minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 3 dozen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if chocolate chip would make my top 3 either! These might, however. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cookie would be in my top 3 too. Nothing better than white chocolate and macadamias. Reminds me of Hawaii--that's a great memory.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.