Monday, March 21, 2011

Banana Blondies



I don't think I could ever find too many recipes for using bananas. My penchant for bananas in the freezer is well documented on this blog, and this might now be one of my favorite ways to use them! These bars come together SO quickly - just a medium bowl and a wooden spoon, and 45 minutes later (including baking time) you have a delicious and relatively healthy dessert or snack.

First combine the melted butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.



Add egg and vanilla



and stir vigorously until smooth. Add mashed banana,



salt, flour and whole wheat flour



and stir just until combined. Pour batter into a greased 8 inch baking pan.



Bake for 20-25 minutes and cool on a wire rack. These blondies stand well on their own and are absolutely irresistible with ice cream and caramel sauce...



Find more great ideas at Mouthwatering Mondays, Mangia Mondays, Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam, Delectable Tuesday, Made from Scratch Tuesday, Recipe of the Week.

Banana Blondies

4 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup mashed bananas, about 2 medium
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Add brown sugar to melted butter in a mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add egg and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously until smooth. Add mashed bananas, salt and flours. Stir just until combined.

Pour batter into a greased 8 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Makes 12 bars.

9 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I have a stash of bananas in my freezer and I'll have to try this!

    I found you from Mouthwatering Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious! I will have to make them the next time I have some ripe bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygosh... i'm so so excited to try these! i love anything with bananas, too!

    thank you for linking up to mangia mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would last two seconds in my house! We go through a bunch of bananas in 1-1/2 days. I buy at least 3 bunches at a time (I have 5 kids). These look so yummy!

    I came over from Tuesdays at the Table. Here is my link up, if you'd like to take a look. :)

    http://nurturedfamilylife.blogspot.com/2011/03/jelly-finger-snacks-without-artificial.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe:)
    -Amanda
    thepaisleycupcake [dot] blogspot [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love banana anything. I cannot wait to try these. The look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up your recipe to my blog hop, Recipe of the Week! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blondies but I have never had a banana blondie. This is great. I love bananas and I love blondies so why not a banana blondie?!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.